We protect your Privacy
- The collection and use of your data and personal information as outlined in this policy.
- Natural Edge Framing and Photography will only collect personal information from you with your prior knowledge and consent.
- We will not wilfully disclose any personal information regarding our users without first obtaining their approval. The only exception to this point is satisfying a legal obligation to do so.
Personal information is just that – personal. It’s all the little details about yourself that tell us who you are – like where you’re from, and what sort of product you are seeking.
We only collect what’s reasonably necessary to assist you and run our business. Mainly we collect names, contact details, purchase records, payment details, info about use of our services, correspondence, and other info you might choose to share with us, like your interests.
The wordy bit…
- In the first instance we do not collect any personal information about you when you browse this web site. The exception is where you have specifically provided us with that information. This information pertains to name and email address. We gain this information through the means of quote requests from our contact page and email sent directly to us. We also collect information about you through direct phone contact.
- Further, when using this web site you consent to Natural Edge Framing and Photography using your personal information if you knowingly provide this information to us via this web site. We do so lawfully at our sole and absolute discretion. You also consent to the use of personal information for the purposes of providing promotional and marketing materials by other means.
- In accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 we will only use your personal info for direct marketing purposes. Similarly, we will only send you emails for commercial reasons when it’s in accordance with the Spam Act 2003.
- Please be aware, you must obtain the consent of any third person whose personal information you post to this web site.
- Whenever you use our web site the Web server needs to know the network address of your computer. This allows the requested web pages to be sent to your Internet browser. The unique network address of your computer is called its “IP address”. The IP address is sent automatically each time you access any Internet site. As a result, it is possible to determine the general geographic location of that computer from a computer’s IP address.
- We do not keep a record of the IP addresses from which users access our site except where you have specifically provided us with information about yourself.
Natural Edge Framing and Photography may request certain personal information if you purchase a product or service. Contact information such as name, email, and postal and billing addresses may be required. Additionally, we may require certain financial information from you. This includes credit card number, expiration date and CCV number. Natural Edge Framing and Photography uses this information for billing purposes and to fill your orders. We will also use this information to contact you if we have trouble processing an order.
Keeping your credit cards details safe is important to us. We have a whole range of processes in place to protect that information. This includes:
- Using secure servers and other appropriate measures to protect electronic data. Natural Edge Framing and Photography always uses a secure gateway service when taking credit card payments.
- Only one administrator has access to your information. This officer restricts physical and internal access to all payment information. They uses strong passwords and can access tracking.
- Natural Edge Framing and Photography will destroy, delete or de-identify your card information after use in accordance with lawful practise.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the form. We also collect the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Natural Edge Framing and Photography may check visitor comments through an automated spam detection service.
If you upload images to the web site, you should avoid uploading files with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. This is because visitors to the web site can download and extract any location data from images on the web site.
What data do we collect?
When viewing our web site our service provider makes a record of your visit and logs certain information. This is done for statistical purposes as each page is accessed. Information collected includes:
- IP (Internet Protocol) address of the machine which has accessed it;
- the top-level of your domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc.);
- address of your server;
- date and time of your visit to the site;
- pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- type of browser and operating system you have used.
Please note, we make no active attempt to identify users or user browsing activities. An exception may arise, however, where a law enforcement agency exercises a warrant to inspect the service provider’s logs.
- Browsing any web site, including this web site, generates a trail of pages visited and the time spent displaying each page.
- A “cookie” is a file that is sent to your Internet browser by a Web Server and is stored on your computer. It contains data that web sites use to identify you as a unique user.
- Please note: other companies linked to or from our site may collect information from you if you access their sites. They may do this by using cookies.
- Due to the way the Internet operates, we cannot control the collection of information by other people. Most Internet browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You may be able to change the settings of your browser to refuse all cookies. You can also ask to be notified each time a cookie is sent to your computer. This gives you the choice as to whether to accept it or not.
- If at any time you would like your information, if any, to be removed from our system, please contact us. If you have any questions or concerns about the way in which information is collected or used by others via our web site, please contact that other person directly.
- We may share general information about the use of our site with advertisers, sponsors, content providers and other third parties. However, we generally only disclose aggregate, anonymous information about our users unless otherwise agreed to. We will not disclose any personally identifiable information to any third party without your approval except where otherwise specifically required to do so. On occasions it may become necessary to release personal information. We should only be required to do so to satisfy a legal obligation.
- For example, we may disclose the total number of “hits” our sites receive, or how often the average user visits our site. This includes which terms are most often entered in our site search engine.
- We receive and reply to email from users on a regular basis. For record-keeping purposes we retain copies of most email sent to us through our Contact Page contact form and email link appearing on all web site pages. We do not anticipate that the information in the email we receive or send will be disclosed to any third party without the permission of the sender, unless required or necessary as specified in the previous points.
- Further, as a necessary adjunct to the proper operation of our web site the following may be undertaken. Our staff who are subject to obligations of confidentiality to us, may gain access to personal information as part of their service.
Natural Edge Framing and Photography will not share images provided by you publicly if not agreed to. Images used within our products may also imply personal information. Therefore, we will only share images of our completed products on social media platforms when permission is granted.
How long we retain your data
Natural Edge Framing and Photography will retain customer contact details indefinitely for administrative and future marketing purposes. Additionally, if you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
You have rights to access the information we hold about you. You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. We we erase any personal data we hold about you upon request. This is particularly so if you have left a comment. This does not, however, include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Please contact us if you have any complaints about how we have handled your information.
We seek feedback from our users in order to improve the service offered by the site. Answering feedback questions is voluntary and does not in any way affect your access to the Natural Edge Framing and Photography web site. Feedback should be made via the Contact page.
- We will provide you with details of any information about you which is held by us upon request. Your request must be in writing after which we will remove that information from our records and computer systems.
Cowaramup is the centre of theMargaret River wine region.